Password protection allows you to require a username and password to access a folder within your site from the web. When password protecting a folder, there are a few things to remember. Protecting a folder will protect all folders within that folder. Also, you will need to create users who can access the protected directory. You can give the password protected directory any name, no matter what the actual directory is called.
When a user accesses the protected directory through the web, they will be prompted to enter a username and password. The name that you choose for the protect directory will appear as well.
- Click on the Password protect this directory text box.
- Think of a name you want to users to see when they visit the password protected directory. Enter the name in the "Name the protected directory" text box.
- Click on the Save button.
- You will see the following confirmation:
- "The access permissions for PATH_TO_PASSWORD_PROTECTED_DIRECTORY have been set."
- Click on the Go Back link.
- When the page loads you will see your settings have been saved in the "Security Settings" section.
Was this answer helpful?
Deleting FTP Accounts Steps Go to the "FTP Accounts" page in your cPanel control panel. 2....
Overview The cPanel Disk Usage Viewer allows you to see where the files are in your site that...
Overview Backups allow you to download (to your computer) a zipped copy of either you entire...
Overview The File Manager is a tool you can use to navigate your way through your web hosting...
Overview You can use this function to see who is currently logged into your site through FTP....